Saturday 9 January 2021

Just another day

 The back pound is frozen, we're in the front pound and it's not frozen yet. We will keep an eye on the temperature as if we get frozen in we will not be able to go for a pump out


I met up with DD2 and we walked our dogs together. Beano and Loulou were very pleased to see each other. I stopped at the co-op and bought bread and milk. 


I've scrubbed the kitchen floor, it is tiled with wet room flooring, very safe as it is none slip but it's a bugger to clean. Tomorrow I'm going to clean the kitchen doors.


I'm still working on the long legged cat, it's slow going.


I'm defrosting a joint of beef ready to cook for lunch tomorrow, it looks a big piece so hopefully it will stretch to a couple of extra meals.


Another boring list with little going on.



7 comments:

susanB said...

I love reading about your everyday. Much like mine in many ways except that I am a widow.

I do feel for you with the ‘different’ man your OH is after his stroke. My husband died ten years ago. I loved him to bits but don’t know how I would have coped if he had become a different and difficult man.

I admire you and your attitude. Xx

busybusybeejay said...

Keep plodding on.Can’t wait to see the long legged cat.

Chris said...

Not boring at all and it was nice to hear of your comings and goings.

Debby said...

Winter is like that, isn't it? Things just slow down.

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Very much like our days although we did go out yesterday and clear out the shed. My fridge freezer is not cutting the mustard in the freezer dept. So I am getting a chest freezer in the old coal house. I will not have to shop so frequently and hopefully I will cut the shopping bills down a bit especially as Aldi have now started click and collect. The bill for Christmas was tremendous and I had a real job getting it all in the freezer. It will allow me to keep a reasonable stock of toasting bread and milk and also we should be able to keep more of the fruit we grow in stead of having to give it away because the freezer is full.

Hope you both nave a good year in 2021.

Carruthers said...

I tried defrosting a chicken for the carnivore here at Christmas. I gave up in the end and had to chuck the poor thing out. Had to revert to Plan B.

My Piece of Earth said...

Hope you do not get frozen in, such a bother that would be. Does it freeze enough for you to get out on it? I Don't imagine it does if it is mowing even just slightly.
Your days sound like ours, regular routine stuff day after day.
Look forward to see your knitted cat.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.