Friday 12 November 2021

Buying new bosoms

 I've always been fairly well endowed in the chesticle area, despite only being 4'11 I always needed a 38dd bra.

As I got older I still wore the same size but needed to roll my boobs up to fit into the same size bra.

During the summer when I wear dresses with elasticated tops  I don't wear a bra, but when I'm wearing a tee shirt I do need one but I'm now looking for comfort rather than cleavage.

I looked on lots of websites at all different types and styles, I eventually settled on a sports bra style, a pull on, no fastenings as my fingers struggle with fiddly things.

I purchased a three pack, one each of shocking pink, purple and kingfisher blue. 

I didn't realise until I washed the first one that the filling was made up of two spongy triangles and not attached to the bra. They are separate entities fitted within pockets, or should I say a pocket. This means that when the bra is washed these triangles have great fun swapping sides, rolling themselves in to sausages, sometime clinging together fondly!

This means once the damn thing is on (quite a struggle at time) I look down to see what particular shape I'm in.

Sometimes I have a boob one side and nothing the other sometimes I have two huge boobs where both triangles have folded themselves in half, one is under one boob and the other is on top of the other boob.

There seems to be endless permutations!


6 comments:

Ellen D. said...

I got some bras like that recently and just took the triangles out. Also I pull the bras up (step into them like underwear...) and that works much better than trying to pull them down over my head. It stretches over my hips and I just have to slip my arms in and smooth the straps. Hope that helps! :)

Hard up Hester said...

I'll try that Ellen.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have come to despise bras. I don't wear one at home (if the dog sees me putting one on, he knows I'm getting ready to go somewhere and he gets upset). When I had my first knee replacement surgery, I was at a point where I absolutely could not stand one more bit of any type of even very minor discomfort added on, so I started wearing a silky camisole under my blouse when the Physical therapist was coming.

I have been thinking of one of those stretchy bras that doesn't have all of those hook and eyes going on, but I didn't realize there were foam triangles in them. I have always been bottom heavy, so I would never be able to pull one up over my hips.

It makes me wonder how I could ever stand hours and hours wearing underwire push up bras when I was in my 40's and 50's. I think I've got enough aches and pains now, I no longer want a piece of wire or wide tight elastic trying to fight gravity's work on my chest.

Joyce said...

I have been exclusively wearing sports bras for a few years. Tossed those underwire bitches! I remove the pads, too.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I gave up wearing bras when I had shingles on my back a few years ago but started wearing them again. I now wear what is called a shelf singlet which are so comfortable I forget they are on but they preserve my dignity when wearing something mildly see through as the shelf covers the nipple area. Audrey from New Zealand.

Ruta M. said...

I prefer to wear those soft bras too. I used to take out the foam shapers thinking that I didn't want to add to my 37C bust (yup measured at M&S). It was only recently that I realised that without the shapers the result was a flat shelf across the front. Putting them back makes for a better shape. Still looking for the perfect bralet top. (Comfortable, supportive and not expensive.)

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...