Thursday 4 November 2021

My husband would screw anything!

 Me? I'm more selective, my personal favourites are the 3M Command strips.

I'll admit it's not always easy, the walls of the boat lean inwards towards the ceiling and in the heat of summer the command strips lose their adhesion.

Steve's answer to this problem is his trusty screwdriver,  this would  be fine apart from Steve's tendency to change his mind about where he wants thing to hang.

My dressing gown is a fine example of this. The 3M Command hook had lost its sticky and my dressing gown had been hanging on the door handle. You'd think after 20 years together Steve would know how tall I am, but no.  He called me into the bedroom (no, not for that, don't get excited) to show me the hook he'd screwed to the side of the wardrobe.

I stood beside the hook, looked at Steve and then up at the hook. Steve looked a little sheepish. "I'll lower it shall I" ?


2 comments:

JanF said...

You are SO funny!
A man likes his tools. We used to go into the giant hardware stores here in the U.S. and found my husband was in the best mood once he had something in his hand that he planned to buy, sometimes it was as small as some screws or a dowel.

Ellen D. said...

The title of your post sure had me wondering what the heck you were going to write about! :) It is good to keep your sense of humor!

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.