Tuesday 12 May 2020

Assorted answers and ramblings.

The duckling had a sibling but only one, there is another family who started out with eight babies and is now down to six. We also have geese with six goslings.
There are a lot of predators in the marina, pike, heron, cormorants and the male ducks often kill the ducklings too.

I'm perfectly happy with Boris's suggestion as I've always wanted to be a Lert.

We had a pump out this morning and a discussion with the marina manager, he is happy for us to stay here for now.

I've decided to make masks and scrub bags with the rest of the poplin, if no one wants the scrub bags my dgc can use them as PE bags.

I have bread flour and yeast but Steve won't eat home made bread so I don't bother to make it.

Poor Beano is still itchy, he is flead and wormed regularly, I think he just has allergies, I'm never sure wether to bathe him more to see if that helps, it that would remove his natural skin oils. I bought him some healthy treats and food, guaranteed to be free of additives, he won't eat them, typical! I shall give them to DD1 for her dog.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

For my itchy Jack Russell I use dog shampoo with oatmeal in it, it's very soothing for his skin. Ran out and had to use another shampoo, he was back to itching again. Used the oatmeal one again and he's fine.

Hard up Hester said...

Thank you, I will look out for that.

cumbrian said...

Yes Hester, lerts have more fun.

Sewing mamie said...

Our dog has to have special food , she will only eat them off the floor or if we feed them to her one by one

The Weaver of Grass said...

My dog used to have itchy times and the vet told me not to bath her as that would probably make her worse. Her itches seemed to go with the season.

Joan (Devon) said...

My husband had tried all things for our itchy dog and he (the dog) stops scratching when he has one Loratadine tablet per day in his food. It's an antihistimine and funnily enough is the same as the one I have. My husband gets them on line for the dog, I get mine from the surgery pharmacy, lol.

Carol said...

I have an itchy dog. From feb to oct. He has a steroid and a piriton (same as human pititon) every day
Carol

flis said...

My dog has an vet diagnosed unidentified skin allergy.This does not itch but looks flakey and sore.Oddly since she hasn't been running free in the countryside it has almost disappeared x

Lyssa Medana said...

Friend has the most enormous alsatian with a magnificent bark who has all sorts of skin issues if he has gluten. Mind you, I also have massive skin issues if I have gluten, so I'm not sure what that makes me! I don't know if that's worth checking out. I believe a lot of dog food has cereal filler and probably treats as well, but it can take gluten months to get out of my skin, so if you try to avoid the dratted stuff you may end up having to keep going for ages without knowing if you are doing the right thing.

Please pass on a gentle cuddle from me x

Linda Metcalf said...

My husband always gave his dogs eggs for any skin/fur issues. He gave raw but we scrambled for my granddaughters dog and it worked!

Anonymous said...

Our girl has seasonal itchy spots, an oatmeal shampoo works!
Joyce

Dunham lass said...

We used brewers yeast for itchy horses and so tried it on our dog when she start itching (having she led all other causes) and it worked. I believe it is the vitamin b's that are the active ingredient Su

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...