Sunday 24 May 2020

Planet Facebook

You know the phrase "what planet are they from"?

Well I think the answer is planet Facebook.

This morning at 6:30 I received a message via facebook asking me to sign a petition about Dominic Cummings. The message was from someone who knows me well enough to know I have no interest in politics and also that I do not appreciate being woken up at 6:30 on a Sunday morning!

Then whilst reading posts on a boaters group on FB I noticed that someone has just realised that Caroline Flack had died and was traumatised by this, somehow she feels that we boaters should have appraised her of this.

Finally on the same boaters group someone has posted pics of a newspaper article about a missing child asking everyone to keep a lookout as the child could be on a narrow boat on the Birmingham and Fazeley canal. As the child went missing from Birmingham Alabama a couple of days ago I feel she is unlikely to be on the canal.

5 comments:

justjill said...

Ah facebook. Great fun sometimes. Who is Caroline Flack? Sorry I dont know who she is but I do know she allegedly committed suicide. But I dont know what she did or why it was spread all over. Have everything on silent. then you dont get disturbed.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh dear - there are some right plonkers about!
I stopped all facebook except my children and local village groups and one for old photos - makes things much simpler

Poppypatchwork said...

Typical facebook users, they see something and click and pass it on, I only have the smallest family and friends following, I can't be bothered with all the crap. BUT it is a great way to keep in touch with family spread around the country.

Sewing mamie said...

I use face book to keep in touch with family and friends in the uk , but i dispaire of all the people who find it necessary to pu on the minutiae of there lives . And the posts that start really worried **** about the goldfish , or I am at the doctors because , and all the sheep reply " oh you poor thing , thinking of you , if there's anything I can do . As you may have gathered this is my pet hate .

My Piece of Earth said...

I keep in contact with family and friends in the UK and also here in Canada, don't like a lot of the posts people pick up from other sites and repost of FB.

A lot a people do not read all of the articles in papers and web sites thoroughly and then post incorrect and stupid information.

All kinds of idiots are out there.

Patricia

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...