Monday 11 May 2020

Flour power

I collected my parcels from DD1 today, gutted to discover that the scrubs pattern I ordered and paid for has still not arrived, it's been a while now. I'm assuming it was yet another company jumping on the bandwagon with no intention of providing patterns.

I also collected three summer dresses that DD1 had stored for me, not that I need them, it's bitterly cold here. DD1 gave me a fishcake made by her chef husband. It was huge and will do two meals for me.

I did manage to buy some self raising flour from a little co-op that I visited. Sainsburys and Aldi haven't had any for two weeks at least. 


5 comments:

Chris said...

We can get flour but no yeast! Hope your pattern arrives soon.

bbarna said...

I got flour and yeast, but no baking powder... Hope you get your pattern soon.
Barb

mamasmercantile said...

Flour thankfully isn't a problem, yeast is becoming more of an issue.

autolycus said...

If you have a local Morrisons, the supermarket is selling white and wholemeal bread flour and fresh yeast from the bakery departments. They will weigh out your requirement or sell a 16kg sack (£9). The yeast is 50g for 20p and sufficient for four 500g loaves. Plain and self-raising was available of the shelf in 1 kilo bags for 60p.

TrishWish said...

No flour but I have got an actual home delivery for £2, it's a bit late in the evening but hey, I don't have to go out and be a 'lert.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.