I collected my parcels from DD1 today, gutted to discover that the scrubs pattern I ordered and paid for has still not arrived, it's been a while now. I'm assuming it was yet another company jumping on the bandwagon with no intention of providing patterns.
I also collected three summer dresses that DD1 had stored for me, not that I need them, it's bitterly cold here. DD1 gave me a fishcake made by her chef husband. It was huge and will do two meals for me.
I did manage to buy some self raising flour from a little co-op that I visited. Sainsburys and Aldi haven't had any for two weeks at least.
Monday, 11 May 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
5 comments:
We can get flour but no yeast! Hope your pattern arrives soon.
I got flour and yeast, but no baking powder... Hope you get your pattern soon.
Barb
Flour thankfully isn't a problem, yeast is becoming more of an issue.
If you have a local Morrisons, the supermarket is selling white and wholemeal bread flour and fresh yeast from the bakery departments. They will weigh out your requirement or sell a 16kg sack (£9). The yeast is 50g for 20p and sufficient for four 500g loaves. Plain and self-raising was available of the shelf in 1 kilo bags for 60p.
No flour but I have got an actual home delivery for £2, it's a bit late in the evening but hey, I don't have to go out and be a 'lert.
Post a Comment