Saturday 20 March 2021

Knicker drawer.

 I get up by 8 in the morning, I visit the bathroom, put the kettle on, sort out the stove and get it warming up.

Through all of this Beano remains under a blanket cuddled up with Steve. I take a cup of tea in to Steve, put some clean washing away and Beano snoozes on.

I open the wardrobe door to get clothes out or food or yarn for my next project. (the wardrobes double up as pantry and craft storage) and still Beano sleeps.

Sometimes I pull out the underbed drawers, still no reaction from Beano.

But at some point I open my knickers drawer to get out a clean pair for the day.

That is the trigger, as soon as Beano years the knicker drawer opening he peers out from under his blanket. He watches as I dress and as soon as I put my shoes on he's there, wagging his tail and looking forward to his morning walk.

7 comments:

JanF said...

Well, I suppose it means you are really getting up for sure and not lounging around in a dressing gown. A chance of a walk maybe?

The Weaver of Grass said...

Dogs are not daft are they?

Sansthing said...

My dog can tell the difference between my getting ready to pop to the shops and getting ready to take him out, although the preparations for both activities are the same. I don´t know how he does it!

mamasmercantile said...

They are certainly a lot cleverer than we give them credit for.

flis said...

I had to try my best to outsmart my top dog by keeping my dressing gown on top of my clothes after my shower and very quietly pop my shoes and socks at the very last minute because once he saw me putting them on he would bark and bark and jump and run and I had to dash x

Debby said...

Funny how the dog has it figured out that when you get your knickers out, things are about to happen!

Jane McLellan said...

Clever Beano!

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...