Wednesday 2 March 2022

Another rainy day.

 We had a few cold but sunny days after the storms but now it's wet and grey. The rain isn't heavy but it's persistent and the water levels are rising quickly. A few more days of this and we will be red boarded again. Nowt we can do but wait and see.

One of Beano's favourite boats is moored just outside the marina, the owner has a chihuahua, a Yorkshire terrier and Yorkshire/Jack Russell cross, the dogs have a great time playing on the towpath.

The marina cleaner, Debbie is leaving boat life to be nearer her daughter as the daughter is expecting her second baby. I'm not sure if there is a specific problem of she just wants some support. We did get Debbie to clean our boat once but I've managed myself since, my problem is lack of enthusiasm!

I have a Tesco delivery this afternoon, a big one, topping the cupboards up with tins and packets. Steve can play Tetris later fitting all stuff in to the cupboard.


2 comments:

Col said...

We also had some beautiful bright but cold days, but now we're back to dark, dismal rain again!
I echo your feelings about cleaning, every so often I have a blitz right through, but mostly I can find far better uses of my time!
We have an Ocado delivery due soon, between 11 & 12, so this afternoon will be spent in similar ways for both our husbands, playing food Tetris! We have more space than you, but I'm by no means a minimalist, (is maximalist a word?) so still have space problems!
Hope the weather dries up for you soon!
Col X

Lyssa Medana said...

I love getting a big Tesco order full of cans and packets. Unfortunately my optimism always exceeds my common sense. I hope Steve can do a good job. I'm so glad that Beano has doggy friends. Please pass on cuddles.

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...