Wednesday 2 March 2022

Shopping

Our delivery driver was Polish and very interested in our boat, lots of the drivers are. The chap today was amazed when he looked inside. He said it looked just like inside a house.

Col I hope you both enjoyed playing food tetris.

Lyssa I was lucky this week, when there are lots of tins and packets I can send Steve off to the bedroom to put them away. We have so little cupboard space in the kitchen that we use a wardrobe to store our food.

Once he's in the bedroom I can pack the fridge and freezer efficiently otherwise he keeps passing me stuff when my hands are already full. It takes me about 20 minutes to put the stuff away but Steve is worried that the food will be unsafe on the worktop for that long.

I rarely buy frozen food apart from frozen peas and ice cream which I do put in the freezer immediately.

We bought enough meals for two weeks and I can stretch it to last two more so when we are on the cut we won't starve if we get red boarded.

2 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

I'm glad that you got it all stowed and that the delivery driver was awesome. They can vary, but Tesco have always been okay. Fingers crossed that things are okay for you with the weather.

Col said...

Food Tetris was great fun, and the big chest freezer out in the garage was a mega challenge! At the moment the lid is closed, with two crates of full paint tins on top of it to make it stay that way!
The kitchen fridge/freezer was bursting at the seams, but a couple of meals later, it's looking more comfortable!
Glad to hear that your driver was nice, we've always had lovely people, both male and female, but I know some folk who haven't been so lucky. Ocado send an email after a delivery asking how the delivery was, their drivers always get a good report from me! Our drive is ninety feet long, and the poor lad on Wednesday carried 18 bags in three trips, in the rain, and was still polite and smiling at the end, so he got a very, very good review!
Take care, Col. X

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...