Sunday 6 March 2022

Sunday

Col, Steve doesn't get on well with headphones, still look on the bright side, the silence is lovely when he turns YouTube off!

Lyssa, Beano says thank you for the scritches.

Thank you Ellen.

Fingers crossed for some sun soon Chris.

Beano and I managed to scare the bejeebers out of Steve a couple of days ago. During the short winter days Beano has his long walks in the morning and in the afternoon and evening walks just around the marina.

The weather has been cold and rainy so when Beano asked to go out at about 5:30 I didn't take my phone or my torch as I expected to be out for just a few minutes. Beano had other ideas and set off at a cracking pace off the marina and down the towpath, eventually he'd gone far enough and turned towards home but once we reached out boat, instead of getting aboard he headed for the grassy area just beyond it to do another head count of the local mole population.

While we were counting mole hills Steve had become worried and walked around the marina to look for me, he asked a couple of boaters if they had seen me. I realised as soon as I returned to the boat that Steve must be out looking for us so I phoned him immediately. Relieved he returned to the boat, unable to understand how he had missed us.  I explained and Steve was happy.

I must try to remember my torch and phone in future.

It's been bitterly cold again today but it wasn't quite so grey so Beano had two walks of just over an hour each along with three shorter ones.

I woke at 4:30 this morning but managed to get back to sleep again until 7:30 and I had a nana nap whilst the lame was cooking.


4 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

Beano is very lucky to have you - all those walks and lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

You are lovely with your husband, you're a good woman ! Love hearing all your Beano stories x

Jane

kate steeper said...

beautiful blinding sunshine today , but wind that would freeze a witches nipple, you just cant win

flis said...

Beano has lots of adventures with you-and he must have very interesting dreams x

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...