Wednesday 30 March 2022

Living life fortnightly.

We carry 2 weeks water and the black water tank holds 2 weeks worth of waste. Steve's bad back lost us a week so now we have to make up the time.

We've made it to Newbury with a day of our fortnight to spare.

 We travelled for four hours today it was bloody cold and we have another lock to do before we get to the pump out. There is nowhere to moor outside Tesco so we've moored below the bridge. If we go through the next lock and there is nowhere to moor we then have three or four more locks before we can turn round. 

It's been an eventful few days since my last post.

Beano was bitten by another dog, a moment's inattention on the owners part but it took a while to prise the dog off Beano's neck. Beano was sore but there was no blood.

A hire boater fell off a lock gate and paramedics attended, they decided she was well enough to continue her journey but at the next stop she decided to turn around and return home. 

We met up with the fuel boat and bought more coal, so at least the boat is warm.

We have a spending spree coming up we need new bedding and cutlery from Dunelm, Steve is going to B&Q, I doubt he'll come back empty handed and we need milk, bread and veg from Tesco.

6 comments:

Debby said...

Good heavens! It's been eventful there on the water! Hope Beano is okay.

Chris said...

A busy few days. Hope you can rest up for a while soon. Poor old Beano!

Jaccs said...

Poor Beano !! I trust he is not too traumatised? I hope you travel well without any more hiccups take care xx

Anonymous said...

Oooh as you're moored around Newbury for a few days I'll try to spot you and say hello (and meet Beano) if you're about the boat.
Caroline (we met at Ham Mill lock when you had the old boat)

Lyssa Medana said...

I suppose that it's nice to have a rhythm.

Poor Beano - please pass on gentle cuddles from me. Is he nervous after this? Poor woofer!

I never think of Dunelm for bedding. I always end up in Tesco. Mind you, Tesco is my happy place. It sounds like you have some shopping ahead of you.

It also sounds like you have had an eventful time. It must have been bad if paramedics turned up to the accident. I don't blame them for turning back afterwards. It would put me off as well.

flis said...

I hope Beano is recovering well and not too nervous to go for his walks x

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...