Saturday 26 March 2022

It's lovely here.

We've moved to a visitor mooring it's lovely and flat so no need to negotiate a steep gang plank. We will move on tomorrow so as not to overstay out time limit. I think we have a couple of sunny days still to come. I've just cleaned the windows on one side of the boat and a gorgeous spaniel has just added some fresh nose art to them.

I like Canal Boat Diaries, Robbie tells it like it is, warts and all. It can be a very hard life. Some locks are extremely heavy and misaligned so are very difficult to work. Pru and Tim are entertaining to watch but not very accurate as they are using two boats and have a crew of 12.

I have been head down in the weed hatch a few times, the main problem is getting up again.

The offending boat wasn't in the marina Rambler it was out on the cut.

I'm quite swamped with people to talk to here, apart from the staff in the village shop there is the groundsman  in the local pub, a villager who walks past everyday, an assortment of dog walkers. It's so nice.


4 comments:

Rambler said...

Oh it's a shame you need to move on tomorrow; enjoy the comfort and companionship while you can. (Love the spaniel leaving nose art on your nice clean windows!!!)
I hope you can find another nice mooring further along.

Lyssa Medana said...

You sound happier there. I hope that you find another space like it, with or without spaniels!

Chris said...

It's always good to have people to talk to. I haven't talked to anyone since Friday evening! Sometimes I think I am losing that particular skill.

Sue said...

I did enjoy watching this latest series of Canal Boat Diaries, he really does tell it like it is. I know for a fact I would never be able to climb one of those wall mounted ladders to do a lock by myself.

We had a boat jammed sideways on our canal last week, it took a few fellow narrowboat owners to help the holidaying couple get back on track. By the time they were straight again there was a bit of a canal traffic jam waiting to get past.

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...