Thursday 17 March 2022

We're off

We left the marina Tuesday morning and this is where we moored.

You have to admit that the view is much better, much less claustrophobic.

On Wednesday we helped a single handed boater through the nearby lock. He's not been on the K&A before and is really struggling because it's a mix of canal and river and he doesn't like the river bits as the water is so fast flowing. 

It started to rain heavily as we walked back to our boat and continued for the rest of the day.

I walked into the village to the newly opened shop and bought pies for tea. Steak and Ale for Steve and Chicken Curry for me. I got soaked but it was worth it, they were delicious.

We are moored in a row of boats so Steve has people to talk to which does him good.

We are now back to sporadic internet and no hot water unless I boil the kettle. Roll on some sunny days.


6 comments:

JacquieB said...

Happy travels. Trust Beano is enjoying the new smells and sights

Chris said...

I read back and smiled at your treat of the launderette, we thought the same when we did our 'smalls' while on holiday in Australia and it had a computer for customers use.. it was a treat.

Lyssa Medana said...

The pies sound great. I hope that you get some sunshine soon. And I hope Beano is enjoying the changing scenery.

Chris said...

I`m sure it`s nice to be on the move again. Kudos to you both for helping out the new boater!

Jaccs said...

It looks peaceful, nice to have a change of scenery, I hope Beano is well recovering well and can enjoy some new walks x

Sue said...

It's a good forecast for the weekend so hopefully you will be able to enjoy it all the more for your new mooring.

The narrowboats are whizzing (at 4mph obviously) up and down our canal at the moment, oh and one beautiful Dutch barge came through the other day, they seem so wide don't they.

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...