Friday 8 December 2023

Beano

Steve's friend Bob is allegedly getting married in May. Obviously Steve wants to go to the wedding. He has suggested I ask my daughter to look after Beano. My daughter has a dog and by May could well have three more children in addition to the ones she already has. She also lives a half hour drive away.

Today I bumped into a lady who lives nearby and does doggie day care. I asked if she'd be happy to look after Beano when we go to the wedding and she agreed. I have her address and it's very near where we live.

When we arrived home Beano refused to go into the living room whilst I took my coat of and insisted on staying right by my side. He usually runs in to get a treat from Steve. He eventually came into the living room and when I sat on the sofa he jumped up beside me. Steve gave him a dentastik but he refused to take it, he just stared at me. I explained to Steve about the doggie day care and booking it for Bob's wedding. Beano still sat and stared at me, ignoring his dentastik.

It wasn't until I'd made us both a coffee and I sat on the sofa to drink it that Beano finally realised that I wasn't about to dump him somewhere, he relaxed and is now snoozing beside me.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

What a little darling Beano is. There is no creeping away while he is there 😀. Day care is a great idea. We have Auntie Ali (nobody has owned up to being a niece or nephew) who lives around the corner and our two corgis go to her. She had them when we were away for several weeks and last year over Christmas. They love her and so do we! I honestly feel blessed to know her. It’s as bad as getting children organised! You must enjoy your day off no matter what mood your ‘companion’ is in, if you know what I mean x.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...