Wednesday 26 June 2024

Random ramblings.

We have another hot day here, Beano's water bowl will be kept topped up and his walks will be short and shady.

I have four large insect bites, they are on my foot, knee, chest and face. When I walked Beano just before bedtime our mad cat lady was wandering around wearing socks, trousers, an anorak, two jumpers, gloves, a hat and a headscarf. She said she didn't want to get bitten.

I slept badly last night as I kept coughing, yet again I slept on the sofa.

I heard my Oddbox arrived at 1:30 this morning. It contained carrots, peppers, aubergine, tomatoes, strawberries, cherries, apples a melon. I shall take some of it round to my neighbour later.

I have no plans today though I may give Beano a bath to cool him down. I also need to vacuum through it, I'm hoping Steve will lift Henry off the top shelf of the cupboard for me.

7 comments:

Yellow Shoes said...

Henry the Hoover definitely needs to live on a lower shelf!
I'm slowly moving everything I need down to lower shelves and where possible, ground level! X

Angela said...

I really sympathise. Despite spraying with insect repellant every day,I have loads of itchy bites. 😥

Corinne said...

Have you got some antihistamine cream for the bites? It's worth having some in, just in case. Use ice packs otherwise.
I agree, Henry is too heavy to live up on a shelf!

Hard up Hester said...

Yes Corinne, I'm always well stocked up with antihistamine cream.

Corinne said...

My neighbour, many years ago, used to have terrible problems with horse flies biting her. That's how I first found out about the cream, so I keep some handy too.

Jessica Hollinghurst said...

I react so badly to bites my doctor had to give me steroids. A few years ago I was recommended a gel from a company called Hedge Witch which was originally developed for horses but riders started using it so they started selling it in smaller quantities. I honestly don't think I could get through a summer without it now instant relief that lasts.

Jessica said...

I react so badly to bites my doctor had to give me steroids. A few years ago I was recommended a gel from a company called Hedge Witch which was originally developed for horses but riders started using it so they started selling it in smaller quantities. I honestly don't think I could get through a summer without it now instant relief that lasts.

How mortifying

Steve makes no secret of the fact that he thinks I'm old, fat and boring. This doesn't really bother me, I must have very high self ...