Saturday 12 December 2015

Facebook status

I posted a photo on Facebook yesterday, not something I do very often, but I ended up having DGD Suzy for the afternoon whilst her dad took DGS to football. DGD Eileen was here too as she stayed Friday night.

All the DGC's love my hubby, he is very much their favourite, it's nice as he is their step granddad so there is no blood tie, just love.

Suzy is the only DGC who prefers me and won't go to my L&M, I'm not expecting it to last, I'm sure she will soon warm to him.

I noticed a post on FB posted by an neighbour, she posts the minutiae of her life on FB, mainly about how hard done by she is, on the SW group I belong to. 

She often posts the 'Hit like if you want a cure for cancer' or 'Hit like if you love your daughter' stuff. 

I love all my children and obviously I want a cure for cancer. I don't need social media to acknowledge this.  

So my neighbour had posted 'The one thing you need to know about me is that my kids come first.'

My neighbour is in her 40's and has two children who are 4 & 10.

Knowing her as I do that means:-

First, after whatever bloke she is currently shagging

First, after the bottle of vodka she is currently sinking.

First, after she has had three nights a week out drinking and brawling.

I could go on!

Loving someone especially your children means being there for them, helping them, supporting them. 
Posting crap on social media does not count as love!

5 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

I wish I could click 'like' for that post.

Shaz and Steve said...

So well said.

Poppypatchwork said...

I hate the rubbish put on Facebook, my page and followers are small, just family who are not close.

Anonymous said...

couldnt agree more

tessa

Linda Metcalf said...

I don't "type Amen" I don't do the "like" or the games....Getting so burnt out on FB. I do find keeping up with friends and their families who no longer live here a good thing and often find a craft tutorial I enjoy and travel photos...other than that you can have it. People who post all their crap and fights over politics and religion are morons!

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...