Sunday 13 December 2015

Meal plan

Last week I was only feeding me so I managed with what was in the fridge  and cupboard.

This week hubby will want a meal each evening.

I have chicken thighs and minced beef defrosting in the fridge.

I have leeks, carrots, onions, potatoes and cabbage.

Some of the leeks carrots and onions are sliced and ready to put in the slowcooker with the chicken.

Once cooked some of the chicken will be used with some stir fry veg from the freezer to make chicken chow mein, the rest will be served as chicken casserole with mashed potatoes and cabbage

Some of the veg are chopped finely and in the other slow cooker with the minced beef, a handful of orange lentils and a tin of tomatoes.

This will make a cottage pie and then spag bol, I'm sure there will be enough leftovers to use for some lunches too.


No comments:

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...