Tuesday 29 December 2015

Someone pass me a wooden spoon

I felt the need to do some stirring.
I gave one of hubby's colleagues a lift on Christmas eve and he was telling me all about a vehicle technician  apprenticeship his 16 year old stepson was doing.
It is allegedly the same as my son did about 12 years ago.
But there seem to be some major differences.
When my son did this he was employed 3 days a week and at college 2 days a week.
The stepson claims to go to college 2 days a week but has no employment on the other days.
My son got paid, not much admittedly but something.
Stepson claims he needs £500 pcm payment in cash for the college course, I asked if there was any paperwork to backup this claim but it seems not!

This morning the same colleague asked for a lift to hospital and I agreed. It seems my concerns regarding the 'apprenticeship' were passed on to the colleagues wife, she's not happy with me as 'I'm just trying to cause trouble'.

I wasn't trying to cause trouble, but I am now. 
I've been on to the appropriate websites & forwarded the links, the 'apprenticeship' the stepson claims to be on doesn't exist, and they have been paying stepson £500 in cash every month since September!!!

4 comments:

kathy said...

Woo-hoo������. I would love to be a fly-on-the-wall when the young man explains that one!!!!

Hard up Hester said...

I'm sure he will lie his way out of it, he doesn't live with Mum so her guilt means he can do no wrong.

Lyssa Medana said...

That moment when you realise that something you said without realising has just brought a house of cards down. I'm sure the stepson will land on someone else's feet.

Sheila said...

I hope they don't let him get away with that. What a disgusting thing to do.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...