Since the multi fuel stove is lit 24/7 it would be a waste to just to use it for heating.
I have a cast iron casserole and have recently bought a ridge monkey.
I'm basing the bulk of our meals around using these.
At the weekend I did a pot roast, a piece of brisket.
Yesterday I did chicken in a piripiri sauce with rice, both cooked on the stove.
Today it was spaghetti bolognese, I cooked the pasta on the hob, the bolognese sauce on the stove and the garlic bread in the ridge monkey.
Wednesday, 15 November 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Walking Beano
This morning as I was walking Beano someone commented that I obviously lived alone as I was talking to my dog. I smiled politely but thought...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
9 comments:
Well, until three minutes ago I had no idea what a Ridge Monkey was, so I've learned something new today!
I will now have to google it. But the rest of the cooking sounds fine to me.
Ridge Monkey???
Had to go and google Ridge Monkey too!! I remember my son's Boy Scout troop using something similar on the campouts!!
I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
And i’m glad reading your article.
But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
the articles is really great : D. Good job…
ผลบอล
Just about to google ridge monkey too! x
A ridge monkey is a sort of toasted sandwich maker that can go straight on the hot coals of a fire, it can also be used for cooking sausages & bacon etc.
Just used the power of Google too! Interesting that the ridge monkey shows on so many angling/fishing related sites.
Now I know what it is - googled - but why's it called that I wonder
Post a Comment