Sunday 11 April 2021

Moving day

 We left the marina today, it was chilly and breezy during our cruise.

We travelled for a couple of hours and then moored up, we've not moored here before but space is very limited and we want to be moored up before the hire boats all set off tomorrow. We did pass a day boat as we were leaving the marina and were able to point out a submerged log ahead of them so they were able to avoid it.

There was glorious sunshine when we moored but soon afterwards we had hail and shortly after that, heavy rain.



I cooked roast beef for a late lunch and after we'd eaten we took Beano for a walk and now we are relaxing with a cold drink.


We will stay here for a few days  until the hire boats have gone and then we will move on. I need to walk back to the marina to collect my car at some point, as we will need milk and bread in a couple of days. I keep longlife milk and part baked baguettes for emergencies so we can manage. It's about four miles back to the marina and I'm sure Beano will enjoy the walk.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Quite a sumptuous meal! Any leftovers if I drop by later? Enjoy your walk with Beano, he will be one tired doggie by the time you get there.

Cardinal Wolsey said...

I too scooted to be moored somewhere - on a decently-wide straight stretch, with armco - before Wacky Races 2021 begins... Mind you, I've moored here before and been hit quite resoundingly by a boat here before (last summer), so nowhere's really "safe". If the boat traffic is as expected then I'll wander up to the junction later, to see if there are any fisticuffs going on. Keep well, keep safe. :-)

mamasmercantile said...

Your meal looks delicious, yummy! That seems quite the hike to get the car that will certainly keep you fit. Take care.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.