Friday 2 April 2021

Pump out adventures

Yesterday we moved the boat across the marina to get a pump out.

It wasn't the best day to do it but the staff will be mad busy over the Easter weekend and we couldn't wait until after that as the tank would be full.

It was hellish windy and there was a boat on the service jetty which didn't help. We took it slow and steady but twice Steve got the boat lined up only to be forced off course by the wind. We got there eventually and the marina staff grabbed the ropes and tied us up. They also came across to help us get back on our jetty. I moved from one side of the boat to the other ensuring we didn't hit any other boats.

We are forecast another cold snap so we bought more coal, we will have one more pump out and buy more coal before we leave the marina and start our summer cruise.


2 comments:

JanF said...

What a lovely thought " start our summer cruise"!

flis said...

I met a man and his dog who I've not seen for months when I was walking with my dogs today-they live on a narrowboat and it's been difficult to get on and off with the water so high this winter-I don't think he moves his boat though x

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...