Saturday 2 October 2021

Comments

 That's sad Briony.

One of my sons in law was not treated well by his parents, he's never really got over it.

My mother did have a favourite child, a long list of them, either one of her pupils at school or a neighbour's child.

When my children were little my mother couldn't understand why I was always cuddling them she'd never done it to me so why did I do it? She often asked me this. My dad wasn't particularly demonstrative either but I knew he loved me.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

When I was pregnant with my first child( after a miscarriage) my mother in law’s reaction to the news was that she
“ didn’t babysit”....needless to say, she never did nor was ever asked. Both of my in-laws barely knew our children.
If babies cried they were left in their cots as they “ had to learn no one would come for them”. Her daughter’s children were treated the same and sadly are complete messes today..
I have no idea how people get to be like that..cold, unfeeling, unloving...

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.