Wednesday 26 September 2018

Poor George

George is an elderly, vulnerable man who lived on his boat on the Kennet and Avon near Bradford on Avon.
A short time ago two hire boats full of pissed up Hooray Henry's on a stag weekend caused so much damage to George's boat that it sank.
The pissed up twats were told to slow down and take more care.
They shouted abuse and said that as  boaters don't pay council tax it was just tough.
George is now living in a tent on the towpath.
There are some arseholes around.

7 comments:

justjill said...

Bloody awful. What next for George?

Islandmaid said...

What a bunch of knobs - Are the hire company not liable via their insurance?
I hope poor George is as okay as he can be after the loss of his home x

Susan Heather said...

That is terrible - isn't there some way someone can be held to account.

Margie from Toronto said...

I heard about this - I believe some people are raising some money for him. However, I hope George gets a lawyer and sues the company and the idiots who caused the damage! They should be arrested at the very least! Disgraceful.

Elaine said...

After being forced to buy him a new boat and fittings those a*&%$£*&* should be keel hauled - the full length of a narrow boat. This is truly awful, poor man.

Rural Reads said...

There is a fundraising page, I think Just Giving. If you look at skyravenwolf on facebook, there is a link. Maybe also on the Guardian newspaper page. I have limited internet connectivity, sorry cant be more helpful.

Theresa Y said...

I agree with Susan. There has to be some way to hold them responsible for the damage they have done.

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...