Friday 7 September 2018

Stumped

I took CHS's hearing aids to be re-tubed yesterday, this meant a trip on two buses, one into town, one out to Royal Berks Hospital.

As I was in town I went to Fabricland and bought some muslin to strain the blackberry vodka and sloe gin through. I don't need the muslin for about a month but I don't go to town very often so I got it whilst I was there.

I was stopped by a lady with a clipboard. 'Could you tell me who supplies your gas and electric?' she enquired chirpily. 

'Yes' I replied, 'my gas is supplied by Calor and my electric is supplied by solar panels'.

She thanked me and turned away, her script obviously didn't cover my reply so she was stumped.  

8 comments:

Rhea said...

Its fun to do that Sue. Likewise, hubby always says when asked if we want new double glazing "Sure, do you make portholes!

crafty cat corner said...

Love this, might just remember and use it when I'm asked, lol
Briony
x

justjill said...

I think your Gmail sign up comment is spam. Good response truthful too!

Jeannieuk said...

Love it! I hope you got a chuckle from it too! 😊 x

Margie from Toronto said...

OK - that was a good one! :-)

Winters End Rambler said...

Afraid I'm a head down person to avoid the dreaded clipboard! x

Rambler said...

I did the same when I lived in my caravan for 5 years. Perfectly true and I loved the look on their faces!

TrishWish said...

Nice one. Just shows how out of date/touch these marketing things are. My reply would be gas by Calor, heat by wood or oil. Wish I could say solar for electric inside the house but I could say "outside" electric is by solar as we have lots of little devices! As long as they don't want company names = I am hopeless and leave it all to husband.

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...