Wednesday 23 October 2019

A death in the family

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions and Wendy for your offer of help.

My ex mother in law died last week, she was 91.
I'm going to see DD1 tomorrow as she had taken it hard, harder than she expected.

My ex MIL was a cow as a mother in law but she was a lovely grandma to my kids.

When I had my first child my MIL told my husband that the child couldn't be his. She based this on the fact that I had placenta previa, this was caused by my  promiscuity and that the child had blue eyes. My FIL had blue eyes.

DD2 was fretting about the cost of the flowers, she is expected to contribute but will struggle to find the money. I've offered to pay her share.

My ex husband is shitting bricks, my dad died just after we separated, he tried to have me banned from the funeral. He sat in the front row, I slipped in at the back.

He's worried that I'm going to kick off at his mother's funeral. He keeps reminding our children that the funeral details are to be kept secret. They think he's losing his marbles as they don't realise what's worrying him, it was almost 20 years ago.

Both my daughter's have commented about his behaviour.

Let the bugger sweat, I'm not going to do anything, I'm not normally one for bearing a grudge but in this case I'll make an exception.


8 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Sounds just like my ex

Cherie said...

Sounds like my ex too.

JanF said...

What a dreadful woman! At least she was a good grandma.
So nice of you to pay a share of the flowers.
I think your ex husband is losing his marbles, could it be early onset dementia?

Christine Hancock said...

I've told my DH that I'd rather be dead in a ditch (thank you Boris!) than visit his mother again, horrible woman.. so you can say what you like about yours and I 'll cheer for you.

JanF said...

Your ex husband tried to ban you from your own father's funeral? Did I understand that correctly?

VC said...

Well at least she was a decent grandma. My ex mother-in-law was a horrid M-I-L and hopeless grandma to the point she's not even met or made any effort to acknowledge my 4 year old grandson. Some people are sadly lacking as human beings.

VC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VC said...

Also I have not seen my ex idiot since 2006 and he also has never met or made any effort to meet my gorgeous little grandson either. It matters not as my husband is the most amazing granddad.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...