Wednesday 2 October 2019

Layering up

We haven't put our winter duvet on yet, I put it off as long as possible as I find it too hot.

So for now we have added layers.

We have a sheet under the summer duvet. I can't bear to sleep with no covers over me so by having a sheet and a summer weight duvet on I can throw the duvet off if I get too hot.

On top of the sheet and summer duvet there is a crochet blanket that I made, it makes a lot of difference even though it is  very holey.

This normally suit us but now we have Beano, more layers have been added.

Because Beano sleeps between us I find I end up without a share of the duvet or the blanket so I've now added a lightweight patchwork throw I made about twenty years ago, this is on my side of the bed so when Steve and Beano hog all the covers I still have something to keep me warm. 

But it doesn't stop there, when it is really cold Beano tries to get under the covers with us. I draw the line at this, on the bed, ok, in the bed, definitely no. So we have yet another crochet blanket, a small one that I made for Beano and we use it to cover Beano when he starts to burrow under the covers.

3 comments:

justjill said...

Things we do for our pets. Says she bearing scars from the last trying to move the cat from 'my' space.

Chris said...

In the bed, definitely not! It sounds you are like me in being like a furnace and needing to throw off a layer occasionally. I like to "sleep cool".

saraband said...

I agree with you about being too hot in bed. Hotels only ever seem to have one weight of bedding all year round, a really heavy 13+ tog duvet. Why can't they use lightweight duvets with a couple of blankets in the wardrobe to use if needed? I usually end up takig the cover off the duvet and sleeping under that which unfortunately makes more work for the chambermaid.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...