We usually shop at Aldi but as we only wanted milk and eggs we went to Sainsburys as it's nearer.
Big mistake, it's Sainsburys half price toy sale, it was absolutely heaving.
I'm not a fan of plastic tat for children at the best of times and seeing so many people, some with more than one trolley, all overflowing with mountains of plastic, it was horrifying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Walking Beano
This morning as I was walking Beano someone commented that I obviously lived alone as I was talking to my dog. I smiled politely but thought...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
6 comments:
I once read in a book about the World's waste problems that no piece of plastic ever produced had actually disappeared; it still existed "somewhere" - landfill, the sea; recycled goods - wherever.
The only plastic that was no longer with us somewhere on Earth was that which had been incinerated.
I have to say I didn't know that at the time and it left me completely stunned.
and they'll all be selling it at a boot sale in a years time!
It is so very depressing - will they ever learn? I doubt it - it is all about money as usual.
We also got caught up in a traffic jam due to the toy sale at our local Sainsbury's. Madness!
It's very depressing, and a lot of the time, the kids won't appreciate the tat. I know the last few times I looked at those sort of sales, bear would have been completely disinterested. But the pressure is on to get a bargain on the run up to Christmas and people buy out of desperation because the kid has to have something.
It's very worrying, we know all the information and consequences of plastic but we just aren't dealing with the problem quick enough.
Post a Comment