Saturday 23 November 2019

Who needs Coronation Street (other soaps are available)

I don't watch any of the soaps, a friend once told me that my life was like a soap opera anyway.

I am a member of a lot of Facebook groups, some to do with canal boat living, some craft groups and some for the villages near where we moor. 

Last night a row erupted on a canal traders FB page. It seems one FB trader has pinched another traders husband, dear God I only wanted to know the opening times of a local trade boat!

I'm always amazed at the things people's on Facebook, umpteen selfies, some with added puppy ears why? Just why!

Umpteen post about how someone's new boyfriend is The One, it's true love, well for a week and then it's all over, complete with name calling and recriminations.


6 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

I agree with you Facebook could be a wonderful place to keep in touch, but instead it's full of petty people.

TrishWish said...

Gosh! Your own drama episode "Love on The Cut"? "Passion at the Lock Gates"? We are watching a couple of You Tube channels about older people being "constant cruisers" on the UK canal network. It is interesting to see the Uk from a different perspective/view point (ie non road) and to see retirement in a different way. I am really looking for one that does canals plus gets off and goes for a bit of a walk round towns and villages etc. That would be my ideal "soap" and there would be no drama and best of all no annoying celebrity presenting it - just ordinary people doing something enjoyable.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I always think that village life is like a soap opera these days - at least round here.

Sewing mamie said...

I am constantly amazed at the things people put on fb , I don't want to know all the details of your recent hospital appointment , or all the pity posts wanting sympathy for something that you should just suck up .

Rambler said...

Oh yes! The ones that post, "Ouch!!!" and all their friends flock to ask, "What's wrong, babe?" or "Are you OK, mate?". Pathetic!

The canal life looks so serene and idyllic, but thanks to your blog, I can see a few drawbacks. But being a single person put me off and I turned to caravan life instead.

Lyssa Medana said...

There are some people on Facebook I only am friends with for the entertainment value.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.