Tuesday 19 November 2019

Normal service will be resumed shortly

Moira, Shelley, I tried not telling him until the last minute but he gets really stressed if things are sprung on him suddenly.

I will try Moira's suggestion of telling him I can cope with his depression but cannot take the blame for it.

Mindo, no there is no one who can help in Steve's family, there is one estranged sibling, and one alcoholic sibling, the one who is visiting has his own business and a young family.

I went to stroke club today and cooked sausage and mash, Steve stayed home but was a little better when I got home. We have had a chat about things but I think he still feels everything is my fault.

At least there was a sympathetic ear and some hugs at stroke club., they also gave me a birthday card.

The blood test has been moved as the nurse is out sick, it's now on Thursday. Well that's a treat, it's my birthday on Thursday. 

I'm struggling a bit at the moment as something happened within an online group that I am part off, it left me feeling a bit raw, normal service will be resumed shortly!



14 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Please accept a virtual hug, I will be thinking of you.

Sooze said...

Sorry to hear you're struggling. You're such a strong woman, I hope you get back to your normal very soon.

busybusybeejay said...

Hope you are back to normal soon.I think normal is the wring word.Life must be sooooo difficult for you.

justjill said...

I think of you a lot. I join others in supporting you. Hang on in there.xxx

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I pray things improve for you soon. Life really sucks at times. You must look after yourself. Hugs. Tx

JanF said...

I am really glad ( and also proud of you) that you went to Stroke Club by yourself!
You cooked too! What a gal. At least this is one new supportive group you have found to help you.
You are in my thoughts.

Marjorie said...

Hugs. Wish I could do more.

Pam Monks said...

I would Iike to add my hugs to all of the above.. It was good that you managed to get to Stroke Club. Stay strong. Xx

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending lots and lots of good vibes, and just to say, my dad's personality did change - just a little, but it did. I don't know if it was for the better or worse, but there was a lack of focus that wasn't entirely the drink. It cut down his temper, but his lack of impulse control and hazard awareness soared. If you have a short circuit in your brain, of course your personality can be affected.

My limited experience is that if the medics can dump everything on to the family and walk away, they will. I hope you find some support somewhere, or a way of blocking off a tiny amount of time for you every day. Sending hugs x

Debdor said...

I definitely think you should go and get a coffe/tea and cake on Thursday after your blood test, for the sugar and as a Birthday treat! If you have to go on your own, just remember that we will be with you in spirit wishing you a Happy Birthday! Just picture a sea of smiling faces...

Bettina Groh said...

My husband and I think about you frequently ... and what you are going through! Another virtual hug.. this time from the middle of the US.
Here's hoping you can get more support from your medical providers!

Anonymous said...

Sending good wishes and hope things improve for you x

Beacee said...

Love, prayers and a hug x

Dog Lover said...

Kia Kaha it means " Stay Strong/ Strength to you" in Maori with love Fiona in New Zealand

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...