There are 2,200 miles of navigable canals and rivers in the UK.
Some are joined up but others like the Mon and Brec aren't.
There is more information here.
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk
We originally bought a narrowboat as we intended to travel on various canals once Steve retired. Some canals are narrow, have narrow locks so can only be navigated in a narrowboat, maximum with 7ft.
Unfortunately his stroke put paid to that plan so we sold the narrowboat and bought a widebeam, ours is 10ft wide and some are wider, we looked at a 12ft wide boat but felt it was too big for us.
Saturday, 30 November 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
1 comment:
Thanks!
Post a Comment