Monday 24 February 2020

ESA meeting

Col, as soon as I saw your comment with contrite in it I just knew it was predictive text that changed it from trite.

Fortunately anything Steve orders comes from Amazon so it can always be returned.

Sally thank you, I'm glad you like the blankets.

Flis no, all the surgery can offer is a quarterly email.

Justjill self referral isn't available here.

Today was Steve's first ESA appointment, it took about 40 minutes. We had filled in a 21 page document and taken it with us. It will be passed to the processing department and they will get back to us in due course.

Steve got stuck in a loop as we arrived, he was stood in the doorway turning round and round shaking out his umbrella. I had to take it off him and pull him through the door eventually.

The meeting was fairly straightforward though the interviewer asked why we hadn't asked for PIP. I explained Steve had tried to apply but had been told to apply for ESA instead. She also asked Steve about returning to work but we explained about his fatigue, dizziness and she had seen him stuck in the doorway shaking his umbrella and I explained how he sometimes gets stuck doing something and cannot seem to move on to the next step.

We did a small shop on the way home mainly eggs, bread, fruit and veg. Aldi had asparagus and sugar snap peas on offer, I also bought carrots, swede, parsnips, mushrooms, bananas, satsumas, mango and pears. These are all for me, Steve won't eat any of that.

Stroke Club tomorrow, Wednesday we are having a step fitted to the back of the boat, Thursday Steve is helping SIL fit a fence panel, Steve will stand and point, Rob will do the work.

7 comments:

Chris said...

A busy week ahead for you guys. Hope it all works out.

JanF said...

I think it's good that she saw him with the umbrella situation.
Hope for good news for you as you most certainly deserve some.

WendyT said...

Hester you do know that Steve can have both ESA and PIP if you apply xx

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Wendy, thank you, that's what the ESA person told us, I'm not sure Steve could cope with two applications but we will try.

LameWolf said...

Good that the ESA bod saw Umbrella-gate. My PIP assessment this time was at my house, and I had two dogs staying with me, so decided they could have half a gravy bone each to keep their attention while my husband let the assessor out. Long story short, my letter, when it came, had in it something about "You were observed struggling to break a dog treat in two and having to ask your husband for help" which, though the incident was after the assessment had finished, I assume spoke to my difficulties. So Umbrella-gate will actually help Steve's case, likely as not. Btw, I get PIP and ESA, so if Steve can give it another go, might be worth it.

Hard up Hester said...

Thanks LW, I'll see if Steve can cope with applying for PIP too.

Andrea Charles said...

Praying and hoping best that all works out well for you and steve. Hope steve can file both trying giving a chance, might be worth it. Cuckoo the name sounds pretty cool 😊 Stay strong, there is a reason for everything that happens in one’s life. Get well soon CHS . Keep posting. Blessings and prayer for you both.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...