One of the benefits of having repairs done to the cooker and grill means I can now make proper toast.
It's a simple pleasure but one I really appreciate.
For the past year toast has meant a long wait whilst the bread under the grill dries out before it assumes any colour.
We now have toast where the bread is brown and the bread is still squishy inside, bliss.
Monday, 3 February 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Taking a tumble.
I managed to trip y'day and ended up stretched out on the pavement. Beano immediately returned to my side and stood quietly, though he d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
6 comments:
I can happily not eat bread for days, but smell toast and I want one, and cheese on toast, I love.
Downside - toast needs oodles of butter and tempts me to eat too much.
Oooh, toast with lashings of really salty best butter, nectar of the Gods!
My uncle when he was poorly said he missed toast the most.When I was in hospital with appendicitis there was a very ill lady opposite who really brightened up when we had toast and butter"please can it be hot" she said and happily it was x
I would live on toast given the choice. It's so versatile. Small pleasures.
I will toast you with a dram of the good stuff to celebrate your tasty toast.
Post a Comment