Saturday 1 February 2020

And there it was

I drove Steve to Newbury this morning, an eventful journey as Steve kept telling me to get into the wrong lane, he also tried to get me to drive along a road that isn't there anymore.

I parked up and Steve went to a meeting that he'd arranged to attend. Beano and I went for a nice walk, just over a hour along the towpath.

We arrived home just in time to grab a quick lunch and then I rushed off to help at the jumble sale. As I was leaving Steve asked me to look out for a coffee pot. I arrived at the jumble sale and there was one on the table. I bought it along with a pretty black scarf with hearts on. At the end of the sale there was a single brown glove left, I grabbed it before it was binned as I lost one of my black gloves yesterday and it will do as a replacement.

6 comments:

justjill said...

Well done Hester.xxx

Chris said...

A lucky find - both the coffee pot and the glove. It's so annoying to misplace a glove, especially if it is one of your favourites.

mamasmercantile said...

Its wonderful when you manage to find something that you were looking for. I got lucky with some patterns from the charity shop.

JanF said...

You deserved this luck for your volunteer work!

Col said...

Life's too short for matching socks, or apparently gloves! X

Jean said...

Its so lovely when you get a bargain of something you were looking for.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...