Sunday 20 September 2020

Late again

 This time it wasn't us that was late it was another boat.

it went past yesterday evening, we were a bit concerned as it was getting dark. They got close enough for someone to jump ashore but they couldn't get the boat all the way in.

A crew member was hanging on to the front rope but the current is quite strong here and the back was against the far bank.

We went out to help and managed to get the boat in to the bank so they were safe.

Hound of Hecate, thank you for your kind offer but I won't have candles on the boat, too much of a fire risk. I only use LED candles.

I have deleted the anonymous comment, I have some sympathy with people who are so bitter as they must be very unhappy but I don't feel the need to allow them space on my blog. I have never claimed to be poor, I would never start crowd funding on my own behalf. I am more than happy to purchase the items I need to help with my hearing. Unfortunately the company want me to check with audiology before I pay and I cannot do that as the audiology department is closed.

I love how people make sweeping statements such as Adult Services have a duty of care, maybe they do but when they are either closed or overwhelmed they cannot help. I believe Kate Steeper and Cumbrian along with other commentators have experience of the 'help'  available.

The retirement accommodation has no communal facilities it is a stand alone unit.

I will follow up on the other helpful suggestions made and continue to vent when things get on top of me but for now here are a couple of pics taken by a fellow boater with a drone.

We were moored above the lock under a willow tree.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my love , the “retirement accommodation “ doesn’t exist does it . Could you get council accommodation? I’m sure there will be something available

justjill said...

I hadnt realised you were looking to move back on land. I didnt think I had missed any of your posts!

Traveller said...

New commenter hear. Just read a few older posts and commenters, could not believe the anon it could worse comment. Reminded me of the Monty Python sketch!

Traveller said...

Bugger....here I am not completely illiterate

Hard up Hester said...

I think I've evened out the font size now, it was showing as all the same size when I typed it but it changed when I hit publish.

Hard up Hester said...

Justjill, We are not looking to return to dry land yet though we do have accommodation ready for when we do make that decision.
We will be static from November until March as parts of the canal will be closed due to the winter stoppages, this is when repairs are done to the locks and swing bridges.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Stunning drone photos. I find your life on the canal fascinating. I'm curious, does being static from November to March pose any different set of problems or challenges?

mamasmercantile said...

What a delight to see the drone pictures. Like Rose I find the idea of life on the canal fascinating although I am sure it is not as idyllic as I imagine.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...