Tuesday 6 February 2024

How far will he go?

Steve purchased some walking shoes.

He's been talking for ages about a walk he wants us to do. Every time I suggest he comes with me to walk Beano he  tells me, in great detail about the walk. This, to Steve is as good as taking a walk, but without having to worry about the weather. The walk is about 5 miles long which is fine but it involves crossing a railway line. This, I find difficult as I can't hear if a train is coming. Also Beano is a dog, he wants to stop and sniff things, he's not interested in a route march.

Steve has also bought a new suit for his friend's wedding, along with the room in the hotel, the wedding will cost him in excess of £500.

I really hope Steve will start walking, the exercise would do him good. He decided he will no longer do any gardening as he's fallen out with most of the residents here. So all he currently does is drink, shop and sulk.

Lunch club today, Harry is doing the main course, I'm doing treacle tart with a bowl of strawberries and raspberries on the side with fresh cream. I'm not sure how many I'm cooking for yet. 

Steve no longer comes to t the lunch club as they only cook proper food, no junk food. So after starting an argument with another person who attends he now refuse to go. He is annoyed at my continued attendance but then it was me that wanted to go in the first place.

4 comments:

Karla said...

It has to be hard to live each day like this. I am happy that you choose to find your joy, and continue to look for fun things you can do. I must give you credit, I would not be as kind to him as you are. Keep stashing your $$.

Ellen D. said...

Hope you enjoyed your lunch club today!

flis said...

Please dont be persuaded to go for that problematic walk x

Anonymous said...

He's alienated everyone in your your apartments.
He treats you horribly, verbally and mentally abuses you.
He wants to drag you on a five mile walk
In an unsafe area.
Do not put yourself in any unsafe situation for him.
You continue to put away as much money as you can. Keep making friends and doing your lunch club. Take care of yourself honey.
Be careful.

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...