Wednesday 25 September 2019

Stopped by the police

Thank you for your comments.
Chris, I'm 68 in a few weeks so I'm definitely classed as older.
Smaller life, my hair was very dark brown, as I aged it went grey, when I coloured it my original colour was too dark for my skin tone, so I went blonde. Once we moved on to the boat I stopped colouring my hair as I didn't want all the chemicals going in to the canal so I'm now grey/white. My hair is long, I wear it tied back.


I have a guilty conscience where the police are concerned. I don't know why because I have never committed a crime. I've had a couple of speeding tickets but they are hardly classed as the crime of the century. Last week a police car followed me for eight miles, I was a gibbering wreck by the time I got home.

At the weekend I was stopped by the police, I wasn't even driving at the time, I was blackberrying. 

I wasn't naked either! I was fully dressed and wearing a hi vis jacket. They stopped to tell me to be careful as I was near the road.

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

This made me laugh at any rate.

mamasmercantile said...

Made me laugh too.

Lyssa Medana said...

I love blackberrying, but I think I missed my chance this year.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I'm 63 shortly and I think our generation do have respect for the law, which does mean you are slightly scared. Whereas many people today have no respect.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm glad I made Weaver and MM laugh, Lyssa, the blackberries round here were very poor. You could be right Tania

Sue said...

My son was driving home from a job at a holiday park in the early hours of the morning when a Police car started to follow him. He wasn't guilty of anything, hadn't been drinking and was driving safely but the sheer worry of them being behind him for so long made him eventually take a corner a little wrong and crash into a wall.

They breathalysed him and then gave him their names and badge numbers so he could claim off the insurance and said they would be available as witnesses to his little accident.

He was totally freaked out though and slept for 18 hours straight after.

It's been rough.

We've had a few difficult days. The weather has been nice and sunny though not particularly warm. I'm not sure what triggered Steve ...