Tuesday 10 November 2020

What am i doing

I'm still working on my half granny square shawl, it's slow going as there is very little natural light in the boat and the colours are rather muted.

When I can't see to crochet I'm frogging a waistcoat I made and didn't like.

I've posted off a baby blanket to a pregnant boater who had her boat broken into and her baby clothes trashed.

I'm walking Beano a few times every day.

I'm disappointed because I had afternoon tea planned with my children and it's been cancelled because of the lockdown, we will reschedule but probably not until March. I miss my family.

I've ordered next year's calender and ten Yule cards from a boater who's work I love. I purchased and wear a very rude badge that she produced.

 https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DruMarland?ref=shop_sugg


I've finished reading:-

Still Life by Val Mcdermid.

A Song for the Dark Times by Ian Rankin.

Dead Lies Dreaming by Charles Stross.

I've started but not finished an assortment of rubbish books.

I'm currently reading Brian Helsing, the world's most unlikely vampire Hunter by Gareth K Pengelly. As you'd expect with a name like Pengelly, the book is set in Cornwall.

2 comments:

Chloe's Nan said...

Love the badge :) I also think that should be a 'first rule for life' TOO, there are some nasty ones out there!

Witch Hazel said...

What sort of vile human being trashes baby clothes?!

I hope you are able to meet with your kids, maybe individually?

xxx

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...