Thursday 12 November 2020

Don't panic!

 Yesterday around lunch time I bought a book from Amazon.

By the time I went to bed last night the book still hadn't downloaded, I restarted the kindle but still nothing.

Got up this morning, still no book, restarted the kindle yet again.

By now I was starting to panic, a life without books is not worth living!!

I took Beano out for his mid morning walk, when I returned I checked my kindle, whoopie do, there was a green bar snaking its way across the bottom of the pic of the book.

So my full blown hysteria was averted, phew.

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

I do the same thing sometimes. I get so worried about something and really feel anxious. In the end the worrisome event does not come to pass or it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I always wonder then - why did I scare myself, why did I get so upset? I would like to say I don't worry so much now but I still do!

Chris said...

I'm with you re: always having a good book to hand. Luckily we have a good library system so that's how I get most (well, actually, all) of my books. I have just finished "The Second Sleep" by Robert Harris.

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...