Thursday 24 December 2020

Christmas eve

Beano is asleep as we walked five miles this morning.

Steve has taken out his hearing aids out and is watching YouTube at full volume.

I was sewing but my eyes are sore so I've swapped to crochet, I can crochet without looking.

We have no decorations up, no lights twinkling and no gifts to unwrap, Steve hates Christmas with a passion so we tend to ignore it apart from the food.

I've cooked a very small turkey crown and we will have pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes tomorrow.

We have three Christmas cards up, one was sent to my DD's address and has teeth marks in it, Albie, DD's dog obviously got to the post first, which makes me smile.

The temperature has dropped and it's very cold out but it's warm enough on the boat.

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow and let's hope 2021 is a better year for everyone.

14 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

Merry Christmas and Happier New Year.

Patricia

bbarna said...

Our very best to you and yours, Sue. I don't know what it is, but a poll amongst family and friends, shows it is mostly the men that don't enjoy Christmas. I am not sure why. Oh well, we will make the best of it. We just exchanged gifts with our daughter and her family on the front porch at -2C . I hope to never have to do that again. Take care and may 2021 be better.
Barb From Canada.

witchHazel said...

Merry Christmas Sue xxx

Theresa Y said...

Merry Christmas to you and Steve. I hope you enjoy the day.

Theresa Y said...

Merry Christmas to you and Steve. I hope you enjoy the day.

Chris said...

Happy Christmas Hester and Steve.

Chris said...

Have a lovely, restful day tomorrow and enjoy your turkey!

Dc said...

Same to you. Hope you enjoy the Christmas food!

linda said...

Happy holidays!

Cheryl Seaman said...

Merry Christmas Hester and Steve. We can all hope that 2021 will be a kinder year!

Ellen D. said...

Best wishes for a happy, healthy New Year!

ShellyC said...

Merry Christmas, may the next year be a much better one.

Debby said...

Merry Christmas, Hester.

JanF said...

All good wishes for 2021, I feel sure it will be a better year for all of us and I look forward to reading about your various adventures living on the boat.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.