Sunday 3 September 2023

Guesstimate.

There were courgettes and a marrrow on the wall near where I walk Beano this morning. I only took one of the courgettes as it's only me that will eat it. I shall make a fake ratatouille. I have most of the ingredients in and I will eat it with some chicken.

All the recipes I can find serve four at least so mine will be a guesstimate. It will have the flavour if not the correct ingredients.

Tomorrow I need to make chocolate brownies, Steve is doing a BBQ on Tuesday, we have friends visiting as they are passing on their narrow boat. It will be lovely to see them. I shall also make some individual rhubarb crumble and keep them in the freezer.

I shall probably be wiped out after that but it will be worth it to get things done

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I found a blog called "The English Kitchen". This woman was a professional cook and has scaled all of recipes for one or two people. Very user friendly. I hope it helps. Take care of yourself and Beano.

Col said...

The lady who has the blog 'The English Kitchen' is American, who spent most of her life in Canada.
Therefore, her recipes are mainly an Americanised version of English/British food.
Her Victoria Sponge has just jam in between the layers, so not actually a Victoria Sandwich cake at all!
I suppose her blog may be useful for people wanting to make a rough approximation of English/British food, but for us folk that have spent our entire lives in England, been brought up on, and then cooked, English/British food for our own families for many years, it's not really what we want or need.
She does have some decent recipes, but if anyone is expecting real English fare, you won't find it on 'The English Kitchen'!
Enjoy your Ratatouille! X

Ellen D. said...

Enjoy your visitors!

Chris said...

Your menu plan sounds tempting. Any chance of an invite?

Sue said...

It will be nice to see your friends from your boating days again. And fake ratatouille sounds lovely, I never make it the traditional way either so I guess all mine are 'fakes' too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Miguel Barclay’s One Pond Meals books are all single portions

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...