Sunday 24 September 2023

I cooked!

I rarely cook a meal anymore, not since Steve told me my cooking was crap. That was back in April, I cook for myself but only stuff like scrambled eggs.

Steve is busy today, he's sanding down the railings outside our flat. They were done not long ago but to a very poor standard and the paint is hanging off in strips.

Because he's busy, I offered to cook today, a fake roast, two chicken breasts wrapped in parchment paper stuffing, roast potatoes, broccoli and gravy.

I don't think he was keen on the meal, the chicken wasn't dried out, the stuffing was cooked, the potatoes weren't crunchy in the middle. But Steve ate it without complaint and I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds yummy to me. I hate dry chicken.

flis. said...

I last cooked for my husband when he had a hand operation -I expected complaints-but no- It was a few years ago now - He is awaiting a foot operation next and I shall offer again x

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...