Friday 22 September 2023

Worries

My daughter Cass has just messaged me to let me know she's out of surgery, so that one less thing to worry about. It was only a minor surgical procedure but I'm glad it's all done.

Steve is currently ranting on about a radiator he didn't order, he has suggested that I must have ordered it myself. Why would I order a radiator especially one designed to run on gas central heating. We are all electric here.

My hair is long, thick and grey, it grows quickly and as my daughter Jen is currently not speaking to me, (she used to take me to the hairdresser who cut her family's hair) my hair is now past my shoulders. 

I could visit a hairdresser or there is a mobile hairdresser that visits the flats. But I'm reluctant to spend the money, as my hair grows so quickly , any style soon grows out. I wear it up in a comb and never go out with it down round my shoulders.

Two residents came to the flat on different days last week, both of them caught me with my hair down. Both commented on how nice my hair was.



8 comments:

Sue said...

Aww, it's always nice to get a compliment isn't it. If it's no bother putting it up with a comb and washing it, I think I would hang on to your crowning glory and relish the compliments.

Sooze said...

I've expressly forbidden my husband to order anything else off the internet, as it's almost invariably the wrong thing or we don't even need it. No doubt I shall have to keep telling him. Must be nice to have long thick hair - at least you have options for how to style it.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter and family estrangement. So painful.

Best wishes and your hair sounds lovely, as long as it's comfortable for you, why not wear it long?

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear of family issues but let your hair grow as long as you want and spend time with down especially if you have received compliments, be that rebel😉. Jan in Castle Gresley

flis said...

I use coconut oil on my hair,trim the ends myself - upside down and use a clip - and that's it - He's grown his too x

Nelliegrace said...

I got used to cutting my own hair with my sharpest scissors during lockdown. DH said it was straight even though he was in the next room. I wear it in a plait and clip it up it hot weather.
It was a shock when I went back to the hairdresser, to pay £14 for a two minute trim.

Chris said...

I used to have long hair (many moons ago!) but found it too much work. Now I get a cut and blow dry about every 6 weeks when I can't stand it a minute longer!

LameWolf said...

I'm 63 and my hair is waist length. My late husband always looked after it for me; as I can't stand strangers touching me, the hairdresser was never an option. I'm now managing it myself, colouring it (though I may well at some point give upon that and just let it go grey) and keeping the ends trimmed - it's actually easier to do this yourself if it's long, imho; what I do is gather it together at the back as if I was going to wear a ponytail, carefully move the fingers of one hand down the length, gripping the hair firmly, til I get near the end, then bring it round to the front, and trim off what looks uneven. It seems to work! :-D

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...