Thursday 14 September 2023

Bathroom, still ongoing.

Steve has overdone things working on the bathroom fit out.

By mid afternoon he was wiped out and in a dreadful mood.

He was in bed and asleep before 8 o'clock.

Still, the carpet is up, the adhesive has mostly been scraped off.

We have the dehumidifier running overnight to dry out various damp patches.

We've decided to keep the grey/blue cupboard that should have been white but Steve still needs to decide how to return the duplicate toilet cistern he bought along with some other stuff.

Steve wanted ceramic tiles on the floor, I didn't so he managed to find some other sort of tiles to fit instead.

I'm going out with my daughter tomorrow, we will take Beano with us, he won't want to stay here as Steve will be ranting and shouting.

On Saturday there is a home made soup and French bread get together in the summer house, I might make a light fruit cake to share. Steve is taking his own soup, he only eats Knorr chicken noodle.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve sounds so much like my husband, by coincidence we've just been refitting & decorating our bathroom, some of the walls were decorated with tiled wallpaper, it's a really easy match but he managed hang the first strip upside down (this didn't matter so much with this pattern as we could hang it all the same way and you wouldn't even know)BUT then he mis-matched the second strip & I gently pointed it out to him before he had even cut it to size but he refused to be wrong and soldiered on with it so some tiles look a bit odd, others are less noticeable. (he used to be fantastic at decorating and DIY) I think can hide this with the new towel rail and either a picture or wall art of some kind over the odd bits, but it's so frustrating to be walking on eggshells with jobs like this so he doesn't turn into ballistic Bob.

Jaccs said...

My husband used to be fantastic at decorating also, I suppose as they get older, the same job is twice as hard, due to less physical ability and slower cognitive skills as they get older, hopefully the bathroom will look fab when finished.Poor Beano getting the brunt of Steve’s frustration.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...