Did you allow enough chain stitches to allow for them being used as the first stitches in your return row?
I swear by YouTube when I trying to learn something new.
It has been my constant companion since starting DD's waistcoat.
I have to admit I never make a swatch to check my tension/size, I know I crochet tight so I always use a hook one size bigger than recommended.
Also I usually make scarves and blankets so they tend to end up whatever size they end up.
Saturday, 4 February 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spending spree
There was a car boot sale in the pub car park this morning and I went along. I bought a cardigan from M&S, it feels really warm and as I...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
2 comments:
I cast on 31 stitches as advised, with a No.4 hook, then the next row was double crochets into every stitch except the first, so I should have had 30 stitches left. But I only had 27 or 28!!!
I need to get the tension right and the hook size or I shall run out of wool before I finish the blanket (it's a wool pack specifically for that blanket.)
Keep practising, you will get there.
Post a Comment