Monday 1 July 2019

Fame at last



There is a very brief glimpse of Steve, me and Beano in this video as we helped Weir on the Move through the Woolhampton lock, we are the blurred shapes opening the lock gates for them.
 The link doesn't work but if you search YouTube for Weir on the Move, we are in the episode called The Lock from Hell

We have finally moored somewhere with the starboard side against the bank and I've been able to clean the windows outside, the port side windows have been cleaned fairly regularly.

Earlier in the week I locked a widebeam through Midgham lock, after he'd gone through I realised he'd left his windlass on the far side. I collected it and put it in with ours. Yesterday he came past us again on his return journey so I was able to return it to him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9LjgzDO5M

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Life on the canals sounds such a friendly life.

lynda said...

No video!

readlisten said...

Could not see you. At what minute are you?

Carol Caldwell said...

No video for me either.

JanF said...

I saw you and I am in Washington State! I googled Youtube weir on the move and then saw the post for the lock below.
They really appreciated your help! Well done.

Susan Heather said...

Was able to see the video by clicking on your link here in New Zealand. Loved it, having had four narrowboat holidays in days gone by.

Wednesday

My Oddbox arrived this morning and I've shared it with Betty, in it there were potatoes, onions, spinach, aubergine, a huge cauliflower ...