My god look at the time, not a po emptied, not a whore painted and the house full of Spaniards.
I read this earlier today but have been unable to trace it's origins, I now just need an excuse to say it.
Steve finds many of my sayings strange. The first time he asked me if his tie matched his shirt and I replied Nobody is going to stop a galloping horse.
He didn't understand what I meant and I had to explain it to him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
13 comments:
You really make me laugh. I needed that laugh today. Thank you.
Can you explain it to me, please?
Just look at the time ...10.30 in the morning and not a whore in the house dressed and the
Japanese navy waiting in the courtyard.
This is our family's version of the saying you quoted.
EH
Ha! love it.
Jill, I think every day is better for having a laugh.
Joan, my galloping horse comment is one I use a lot when I'm knitting and I spot a mistake a few rows back. I don't bother to unpack because no one is going to stop a galloping horse to check it out. In other words it's not important.
EH, I love your version.
Ah, I see. I'd never heard it before.
Love the saying - will try and file it in my brain for future use.
Our family version is "A blind man on a galloping horse won't notice it"!
My favourite saying though is....."Up and down like a whore's drawers"!!!
I've never heard that saying before, but it's great! Made me think of the beginning of a Three Musketeers type of romp!
I had a work colleague who ended conversations with by hoisting her wrist, consulting her watch and saying "Look at the time and not a child in the house washed!" Debbie
Love it Hester you've brought a much needed chuckle to my day.
My mum had a saying if she was a bit restless, or at a loose end "I don't know if I want to have a sh**, a haircut or go to the pictures! I have modified it as "a trip to sit on the loo", my grandson would not tolerate such unladylike language!!!
Could you have heard it on BlackAdder?
NellieGrace
Post a Comment