There are holiday hire boaters moored on a nearby visitor mooring. It's close to local shops and pubs, very green and fairly peaceful. They have a small dog and Beano stopped to play and I got into conversation with them. They have the boat for a week and are planning on staying put for the week. I'm not sure if they'll manage it as they are on a 48 hour visitor mooring. They are about 100 yards from where they picked up their boat!
A couple of years ago a lady near the same mooring had hired her boat for a long weekend, her crew consisted of two eight year old girls. She was complaining about how long it was taking to get through the lock. She informed me that she was in a hurry as she was meeting friends in Bath the following evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Taking a tumble.
I managed to trip y'day and ended up stretched out on the pavement. Beano immediately returned to my side and stood quietly, though he d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
3 comments:
Unbelievable....hope she was able to call those friends!
Oh dear me! You do meet some "different" folk! Life is never dull on the river.
Pete often don't realise just how long it can take to do a journey by canal.
Post a Comment