Wednesday 22 December 2021

Cold and frosty morning

I was up just before 8 am, I turned the heating on for an hour, boosted the fire and had my breakfast of shredded wheat.

Beano and Steve were still in bed so I decided to make a loaf of bread and some curried parsnip soup.

I'm not sure if the bread will be any good, I'm trying the no knead recipe and the bread should rise in a couple of hours but the boat is so cold I'm expecting it to take a lot longer. I'm hoping it will rise by tomorrow morning.

Beano has had two walks, one before Steve got up and one after. We delivered gifts to the marina staff.

Steve wants chicken chow mein for tea, I shall eat the parsnip soup, it's delicious.

6 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Hope you can find a warm spot on your boat so your bread will rise. Glad your soup turned out well!

Anonymous said...

Hello Hester
Long time follower but don’t comment very often at all. I wanted to thank you for writing and sharing your blog with us. I really enjoy reading along with you. I always appreciate your candour!
I don’t comment as I never feel that I have much to say- but please know how much your blog means to me and many others
Seasons greetings
Siobhan

Chris said...

Oh, I have a parsnip that needs using up so thanks for the soup suggestion. I will put in a little ginger and curry powder for a different taste.

marlane said...

I used to put my bread the oven on low to rise watchng it carefully so that it did not rise to fast. i do not know if you have an oven on your boat.

Davey Bacaron Manulife said...

Have a great time, may you have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

you could try filling a hot water bottle and sitting the bowl with your dough in on the top of that for some warmth to help speed up the proving. When it goes cold just refill with fresh hot water if you think it's working.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...