Tuesday 14 December 2021

Food

 Chris, I served my camembert simply, I drizzled a little garlic infused olive oil over it and served it with toast and baby leaves.

Dirty rice is basically dry fried rice with all the fridge leftovers added and then seasoned.

Yesterday's contained onion, mushroom, some scraps of beef left from the Sunday roast along with a few peas carrots and fine beans.

I boil the rice,  soften the onion and mushroom,  chop everything else fairly small.

Then I add the drained, cooked  rice to the onions along with the chopped veg a fry it all together I don't add any oil as there is some in with the onions. I add an assortment of spices. If I add Cajun spice it's Dirty rice. If I add star anise and soy sauce  it's special fried rice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Giggled a bit over your dirty rice. I'm from New Orleans and that's a clever and frugal take on the recipe. Missing the meat, but the cajun spices are spot on.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing artikel

ittelkom jakarta

Chris said...

Must try the cheese and the "dirty" rice. They both sound quick and easy....and delicious!

Dimas Mahendra said...

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...