Sunday 19 May 2019

Bugger

I decided this afternoon to sit and watch TV for a while, I'd done the housework, walked the dog twice and prepped the evening meal.

I settled down in front of a program about Roger Moore, it was about 20 minutes into the program and a huge boat hove into. view. It was designed as a sea going vessel and even travelling against the current it was traveling far too fast.

We, along with other boaters moored along this stretch of bank all remonstrated with him but he carried on either unable or unwilling to slow down.

We didn't become unpinned as we have a spring line, this stretch of river runs very fast even at the best of times. But our boat moved along about 15 feet, as it did so I lost the satellite signal and the TV screen had just a message on announcing the loss of signal. CHS had to make a grab for the gangplank and I shouted a few choice epithets out the window.

Eventually the boat drifted back to it's original position, we re-positioned the gangplank, reset the satellite position and peace reigned once more.

4 comments:

justjill said...

That is awful. I doubt there was anything one can do to stop it either.

Bettina Groh said...

bugger is right!!

Siebrie said...

It's good to read that CHS has recovered so much of gus balance that he managed to save the gangplank on a wobbly boat!

Joy said...

OK, and where is anonymous? It's not like that one to miss a chance of pointing out that if you came to your senses and lived in a house, or preferably a flat because you obviously can't afford a house, you wouldn't lose your signal.

I read often but comment seldom. Basically, I'm lazy.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...